Monday, April 13, 2009

It's a boy!

This past week, my boyfriend and I heard from some friends who are expecting their second child. They just found out that they will be having a beautiful baby boy!

I don't know about you, but I have the hardest time coming up with ideas for guy gifts. It takes me all of a few seconds to think of things to make for the girls I know, but when it's time to make for a guy...I just hope that I can come up with something before the special occasion comes. It surprises me a little, since there's not quite as many patterns out there for guys as there are girls.

Well last Thursday and Friday I spent most of my spare time browing the patterns in Ravelry's database, looking for non-girlie baby projects. As usual, Ravelry came to the rescue! I really don't know what I would do without the pattern database and the pictures of the FOs! Thanks to all of that, I have found quite a few perfect projects to make for their baby boy!

As you can see, my "To Knit" list is starting to get back to normal. I've even been adding a few little gifts for the soon-to-be big sister.

I dusted off my hooks this weekend to get started on my list, and I've got to say that the baby booties are some of the most precious things I've seen! They are super fast, and absolutely adorable! Once my boyfriend builds his new lightbox I'll have him take some pictures to post (he loves any excuse for him to work on making a better DIY lightbox).

Well I better get back to the needles, have an ever-growing list of things to make! Ahhhh, it feels so good to be back into the crafting swing of things!

No comments: