Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hole-y increases, Batman!

Well last night I got to the increases on the Star Crossed Slouchy beret, and it's starting to bother me. I did the M1's like the pattern says, but for some reason they look like purls and leave a hole (and I'm a tight knitter, so loose things hardly ever appear in my knitting).

I guess I'm going to have to sit this to the side for a little bit while I think about things. Do I want to just continue on, frog it and try again or frog it and find something equally as beautiful for the yarn? I'm almost leaning more towards the frog it and find something else beautiful. It seems like the Star Crossed beret would look better in a slightly heavier yarn, or at least I wouldn't see all sorts of holes that drive me crazy.

We'll see what the Ultra Alpaca becomes...only time will tell.

No comments: